Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What do your tax dollars do?

Oh boy, it looks like I'm advocating for arts funding these days.  I got an email from a fellow dance artist & my former college professor, Mark Haim.  Of his dances I have seen, I am very impressed by the way specific focused ideas drive his choreography. 

"Today, the U.S House of Representatives Appropriations Interior Subcommittee passed their initial FY 2013 funding legislation and proposed a cut of $14 million to the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). President Obama actually proposed an $8 million increase.
Please take two minutes to send a customizable message to our members of Congress to restore full NEA funding.
You just need to enter your zip code, then sign an e-mail to our representatives in Washington. Lets advocate for the arts and dance!"

No comments:

Post a Comment